The Hon’ble Union Home Minister Sjt. Rajnath Singh
Through the Deputy Commissioner, Kokrajhar District,
On demand of:
NIA investigation, enhancement of amount of compensation allotted to the victims and proper rehabilitation of victim families of recent gruesome massacred on 5th August 2016 at Balajan Tinali, Kokrajhar District, Assam.
For and on behalf of the victims of recent massacred at Balijan Tinali, Kokrajhar District, Assam 2016 by unidentified terrorist group the Kokrajhar District Committee, All Bodo Students Union (KDC,ABSU) and Kokrajhar District Committee, All Assam Students Union (KDC,AASU) would like to submit this memorandum to you for your kind notice, consideration and necessary action.
That Sir, the Balajan Tinali under Kokrajhar District of Assam witnessed a gruesome massacred on 5th August 2016 where 14 innocent had lost their lives and atleast 14 were grievously injured and 5 were simple injured. There are varied interpretations given by many individuals, organizations, Government on this brutal attacked. Therefore there is a common demand for the investigation by NIA or CBI only on this brutal attacked and the compensation announced by the State Government for the victims of death, injury (simple & grievous) which is not adequate in comparison to the losses suffered, so it is requested to enhance the same.
Regarding the Compensation announced:
This is to bring to your immediate notice the disapropriate of the compensation announced by the State Government of Assam for the families of death victims and injured persons of recent brutal attacked on 5th August 2016 at Balajan Tinali under Kokrajhar District, Assam has been referred to the following:
That the ex-gratia to the next kin of those killed in the recent brutal attacked have received a total amount of Rs.5 Lakhs only by the State Government and the financial assistance granted to the injured persons are in the quantum of Rs. 1,00,000 only for grievously injured persons and Rs. 20,000 only for simply injured persons such amount is highly disproportionate.
1) Considering present price hike, the amount of compensation towards the next kin, grievously injured and simple injured persons are unreasonably disproportionate. In this connection it is hereby requested to enhance ex-gratia to the next kin up to 10 Lacs, grievously injured up to 1.5 Lakh and simple injured up to 50,000/- fifty thousand only.
2) This is also brought to your notice that many businessmen had lost properties. It is hereby requested to provide adequate compensation to all businessmen those who had lost properties at the earliest.
3) That the families of death victims and grievously injured persons needs for long lasting rehabilitation. It is hereby requested to provide Government Job to the members of death victim families and grievously injured persons base on their eligibility for long-term rehabilitation.
4) That, the people of Tianali areas has been facing security problems since no Police Outpost is available at Tinali, It is hereby requested to take immediate steps to establish a new police outpost.
5) There are varied interpretations given by many individuals, organizations, Government on this brutal attacked. Hence there is a common demand for the investigation by NIA or CBI, therefore it is requested to investigate this gruesome attacked by NIA or CBI only.
Under the above facts and circumstances, the Kokrajhar District Committee, All Bodo Students Union and Kokrajhar District Committee, All Assam students Union humbly pray your honour to understand the issues faced by the victims of recent brutal attacked on 5th August 2016 at Tinali under kokrajhar District of Assam relating to enhancement of ex-gratia to the next kin and compensation to all grievous and simple injury victims and compensation to property damages to all businessmen and permanent security measure and after all take immediate action in enhancing the compensation & rehabilitation and investigation by NIA or CBI on this brutal attacked.
Waiting for your positive response and necessary action at the earliest.
Copy to: Hon’ble CM of Assam
Sjt. Sorbananda Sonowal
(Premjit Narzary) ( Subad Roy)
President KDC,ABSU President KDC,AASU
(Nion Mushahary) (Sobin sormah)
General Secretary KDC,ABSU General Secretary,KDC,AASU